Colonial Healthcare is a growing multi-specialty health care organization whose mission is to provide the most compassionate and comprehensive healthcare to patients in the Sumter, Columbia, and Camden markets. Qualified applicants are required to apply online.
We are currently seeking professionals for the following positions:
Medical Billers / Charge Entry for the central billing office located in Sumter, SC. - Posted 4-12-13Skills/Qualifications required:
- Must be certified in billing operations by a national agency (CPC)
- At least 2 years of experience required as medical biller for physician office
- Ability to work without supervision during the regular work week
- Generating reports and follow-up on account receivables
- Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Productivity, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, Resolving Conflict
- Proficiency with computers
- CPT-Coding Knowledge
- ICD-9 Knowledge
- Knowledge of appeals and prior authorization
- Experience with Practice Management and Electronic Medical Record software
Medical Laboratory Technician
- Generate revenue by submitting direct patient and third party billing claims using Greenway PrimeSuite practice management system.
- Submit electronic and paper claims to the appropriate third party payer including Medicare.
- Evaluate EOBs for accuracy in payment and submit appeals for denied claims.
- Posted 4-10-13
Medical Laboratory Technician needed. Responsible for accurately performing specimen analysis, instrument maintenance, and quality control procedures as indicated. Initiates and follows quality control, quality assurance, and safety policies and procedures. Performs technical procedures specific to the individual areas of the lab. Supports and adheres to all written procedures, CLIA standards, and HIPPA policies. Qualifications
• Education: Associate’s Degree required
• Certification: Registry eligible required. ASCP/NCA/AMT certification preferred.
• Knowledge: One (1) year previous experience preferred.
• Skills: Must be detail oriented, organized, and people-oriented. Must have basic technical knowledge to perform testing. Must have working knowledge of computer systems.Duties and Responsibilities
• Compliance with policies and procedures of the company as they apply to customer service, confidentiality, patient care, dress, attendance, and behavior.
• Proper and timely collection of blood and urine specimens following company policies and procedures.
• Performs specimen analysis of all Chemistry, Hematology, and Immunology specimens as directed. Performs analysis of blood samples in an efficient, accurate manner.
• Records results on appropriate worksheet and computer system and performs file maintenance. Processes specimens for send-out testing.
• Maintains an adequate supply of reagents and consumables and maintains appropriate records.
• Performs microscopic examination of urinary sediment as needed. Performs other testing as requested. Prepares reagents, stains, and other chemical solutions. Verifies all critical results and documents with accurate follow-up.
• Processes specimens for reference laboratory testing. Performs proficiency testing as needed. Analyzes quality control specimens daily to ensure proper resulting of patient samples. Records results of quality control samples daily. Follows defined protocol for investigating out-of-control runs and implements necessary remedial action. Records daily temperature and humidity readings.
• Performs daily, weekly, and monthly instrument maintenance as indicated. Records proper lot numbers of all controls, calibrators, and reagents. Identifies troubleshooting procedures and calls technical service as needed.
• Implements and follows all OSHA compliance laws and follows Universal Precautions. Properly disposes of hazardous materials.
• Reports abnormal values to physicians immediately.
• Maintains a clean working environment and restocks laboratory areas as needed. Performs phlebotomy and sample collection as needed. Maintains confidentiality of all information related to patients and patient results.Apply Online Phlebotomist or MA
- Posted 4-10-13
Two positions available, busy Urgent Care setting. One positions days, one position evenings. Successful candidate will be responsible for sample collection and performing rapid point of care testing.Job Scope and Summary
Laboratory Technician is responsible for collecting blood by venipuncture, observing aseptic technique, following proper order of draw, ensuring correct collection of blood specimens, and following universal precautions. Laboratory Technician is the “front line” of patient relations, and will act professionally and courteously at all times. Supports and adheres to all written procedures, CLIA standards, and HIPPA policies. Will perform clerical duties and laboratory testing as needed or assigned.Qualifications
• Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
• Skills: Must be detail oriented, organized, and people-oriented. Must have basic knowledge of job. Must have basic knowledge of computers.Preferred Qualifications
• Certifications: Certified in phlebotomy, medical assisting, or related area.
• At least one (1) year previous experienceDuties and Responsibilities
- Compliance with policies and procedures of the company as they apply to customer service, confidentiality, patient care, dress, attendance, and behavior.
- Proper and timely collection of blood and urine specimens following company policies and procedures.
- Interacts with patients, physicians, nurses, providers, co-workers, vendors and visitors in a manner that exemplifies the company’s values.
- Ensures specimens are collected correctly, prepared correctly, requisitions are complete, and all needed information is available.
- Implements and follows all OSHA compliance laws and follows Universal Precautions. Properly disposes of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean working environment and restocks phlebotomy area as needed. Maintains confidentiality of all information related to patients and patient results.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed.
Radiology Technologist - Posted 9-10-12
Radiology Technologist needed to work either PRN or part time at Colonial Family Practice Columbia office. Will need to work some weekends and evenings. 2 years experience preferred but not required. Experience with routine vital sign data collection also preferred but not required. Must be RT(R), RT(R) eligible, or Limited Practice Radiographer.
Ultrasound Technologist - Posted 9-10-12
Full time Ultrasound Technologist to work both Colonial Family Practice Sumter and Columbia offices. Must be RDMS or RT(S) or eligible. 2 years experience preferred.
Accounting Position - Posted 8-24-12
An entry level position in the Colonial Accounting Department, located in Sumter, is available immediately. We are looking for someone with experience in accounting/bookkeeping that is trustworthy, dependable, self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and not easily distracted. This person must have experience with cash management, be detail-oriented, and have excellent computer skills, including Excel. Experience using Greenway and QuickBooks is preferred.
Sleep Tech Part-Time Position - Posted 8-14-12
Part time sleep tech needed: will train dependable person, able to multi task and willing to work evenings and nights, basic medical knowledge needed. Apply Online Radiology Personne
l Posted 7-2-12
Colonial Family practice and Colonial Urgent Care are looking for Radiology personnel for PRN positions in:
- Computed Tomography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Bone Densitometry
- Nuclear Medicine/Stress Testing
Experience preferred, but not necessary. Must be Registered OR Registry eligible. Positions are for various times and days of the week, weekends also.Apply Online Part Time Medical Transcriptionist Posted 6-22-12
Colonial Family Practice of Sumter, SC is seeking a part-time medical transcriptionist that is willing to work weekends.
Front Desk Staff Posted 5-17-12
Colonial Neurology in Camden, SC is seeking a full time CMA or MA to fill a
front desk position. Must have medical knowledge, able to multitask, and give
great customer service with a smile.
Apply Online Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Colonial Family Practice of Sumter is seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
CMA or LPN: Posted 3-22-12
Colonial Urgent Care in Sumter, SC is seeking a full time CMA or LPN. Experience preferred. Must be able to triage patients, perform testing such as Ekg's, Spiros, lab tests, and venipucture. Must have some EMR experience. This job is in a fast paced environment and requires working evenings and every other weekend. If you have a great personality, and an award winning smile......This job is for you!
Colonial Family Practice is looking for Board Certified Family Physicians to serve the Sumter and Midlands areas.
Pain Management Physician:
Colonial Healthcare is looking for a Pain Management Physician to serve the Sumter market.
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant:
Colonial Neurology is looking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to
serve the Camden, Columbia and Sumter markets.
For prompt consideration, please submit your credentials through our online form. You may attach your resume or CV below.